2010 XC70 retrofit bi-xenon from S80
-
USA market-
I have a 2010 XC70 with halogen main and dipped beams. I saved a set of bi-xenon lamps from a 4C 2007 S80 we parted out at my shop and want to put them in my XC70.Diagrams for both cars show power wire for xenon bulb on same CEM terminal as the halogen dipped beam. Plugged one of the xenon lamps in but it doesn't ignite. Assume the CEM is shutting circuit down because it isn't happy about powering ballast instead of a bulb. I don't see a xenon software in VIDA. Can D5T5 do this change, or am I missing something?
Also, is there a D5T5 way to add coolant temperature to instrument panel?
-
This post is deleted!
-
Sorry Xenon ground is supposed to be pin 4 on lamp, made error on above post and missed edit window
-
I got it wired properly now, added ground at pin 4 and jumped the high beam power to the xenon shutter (high beam will be xenon open shutter plus halogen inner bulb). The xenon lights for a half second before CEM codes and shuts it off. Will check circuit draw halogen vs the initial surge on xenon and figure out if I need to add a capacitor to deal with surge or a resistor to add load.
Still wonder if there is a setting in vdash to change halogen to xenon, didn't see an obvious way to do it.